Net Square is highly skilled and passionate about conducting full-scope attacks. Our team members are out-of-the-box thinkers with vast skill sets like programming knowledge, network testing, wireless security, security code review, web application penetration experts, reverse engineer and exploit researcher
The concept of Red Teaming starts from the problem of understanding the adversary and his actions. If we know how an attacker thinks, we can anticipate his moves and we can find appropriate ways to efficiently block his attacks. Red Team Exercise provides an insight to real time threat simulation for an organization. This is carried out by blending and chaining of attacks on various domains. Our goal is to determine all the possible loopholes with which an attacker can gain access to critical business assets of an organization, and on the other hand to check, if the organization by itself is able to respond in time, of an attack.
Red Team Exercise Goals:
- Our goal as a Net Square Red Team is to determine all the possible loopholes with which an attacker can gain access to critical business assets of an organization, and on the other hand to check, if the organization by itself is able to respond in time, of an attack.
- Our goal as Net Square Red Team is to conduct this exercise using offensive security techniques that simulate the exact same state of mind as of an attacker. Offensive security techniques are complementary to defensive security measures (Blue Team) and provide a certain degree of trust that the defensive measures have been implemented correctly and they are efficient.
- Red Team Exercise goes beyond conventional penetration testing, by not only blending attack surface, but by also testing the readiness of the organization’s internal defence.
- The process of red teaming has a wider scope and in most of the cases are almost unlimited.
Our Approch of Red Teaming
Why is Net Square Red Teaming beneficial?
- A Red Teaming assessment can offer significant benefits to an organization regarding the security posture of its system Net Square Red Teaming is the only way to determine the how will an organization stand in face of an all out attack. An organization has implemented a new critical infrastructure.
- Net Square Red Teaming is the solution to check its response capacity.
- Net Square Red Teaming is the solution to measure the effectiveness of a defence mechanism which involve:
- Time taken to detect the attack
- Time taken to respond to the attack
- Time taken to recover
- The goal is to obtain access to the most sensitive, business-damaging information or processes of the organization.
- Net square has its own testing methodology for web application testing, network testing and mobile testing. As red team exercises emulate real-world attackers, it is often the case that the methodologies employed are much stealthy than the traditional combination of a penetration test with activities such as open source intelligence gathering. While the testing process used by other companies is a linear process, which starts from scanning the target and ends at post exploitation or persistence access, our process is a circular approach where details accuride by post exploitation is again analysed to identify new targets to penetrate into.
What are the benefits for the client?Red Teaming benefits make this kind of assessment valuable for an organization:
- The client is shown real proof that vulnerabilities exist and they can be exploited
- No harmful actions are performed against the target
- The “attackers” will follow a pre-approved set of rules
- The assessment reveals more vulnerabilities than passive analysis (e.g. configuration review)
- The client is presented with a thorough picture of the vulnerabilities
- The vulnerabilities can be patched before a real attacker has the chance to exploit them